Thursday 9 February 2012

Permanent Make Up - Here To Stay

I am petrified of needles and I never thought I would have the courage to get inked. However, last September I got my eyebrows tattooed. It was a mouth-dropping £300 for full eyebrows but I can honestly say it was money well spent. Prices do vary from £100-£300 whether you are getting part of the brow or all of it. 


chose to have the individual hair strokes tattooed, rather than one block colour, to have a more natural result. It has made me feel 100 times more confident, and I now wear less make up during the day.


Permanent make up is similar to a regular tattoo, where pigments are deposited into the dermal layer of the skin. As well permanent eyebrows, there is also permanent eye liner and lip enhancement available. 


After a consultation, my treatment consisted of a two sittings, both were about an hour and a half each. Most of that time was spent choosing the right pigments, pencilling on the eyebrows and getting the right shape and look. The actual tattooing only took about 20-30 mins.


To my relief, from a brief look at the needle, it's actually really small and not like the huge needles at hospital, thank God! And the procedure wasn't too painful, it was unpleasant, but not unbearable. I would describe the pain as a severe eyebrow plucking session, and after a while it was more painful when the technician was wiping away the blood and excess ink rather than the actual tattooing!


I got my eyebrows tattooed because I have a long term condition called alopecia, but lots of people opt for permanent make up from years of 'over-plucking', old age or simply for convenience. I have a few hairs left on my eyebrows, which I think helps to create the natural look.


Here are the finished results of my permanent make up...








I am wearing MUA eye dust in green, £1 from Superdrug

2 comments:

  1. love them, might look into this! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out my blog & follow if you like :D

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete